Please Note: This event has expired.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Roswell residents only (proof required); no commercial entities may participate.
Dispose of your hazardous waste safely and responsibly at Roswell's Household Hazardous Waste Collection event.
Hosted by the City of Roswell's Public Works/Environmental Department.
This event is limited to Roswell residents only. A photo ID showing an address within Roswell city limits is required. No commercial entities may participate.
Materials cannot be dropped off prior to the event.
Please note this event is not at the Roswell Recycling Center.
- Paint thinner/turpentine
- Pesticides including: fertilizers, herbicides, flea and tick products, fungicides, insecticides, rodenticides
- Undiluted pool chemicals
- Household cleaners
- Propane gas cylinders
- Mercury thermometers/thermostats
- Household batteries (non-rechargeable)
- Aerosols including aerosol paint (spray paint)
- Fire extinguishers
- Automotive brake fluid/used motor oil filters (no other automotive fluids)
Note: No latex paint or oil-based paint will be accepted at this event.
- Roswell residents (proof required) may bring a maximum of two (2) 5-gallon buckets or ten (10) cans up to one (1) gallon each per household, per day, of liquid latex and/or oil-based paint (not dried out or mixed with cat box filler) in the original can with the original readable label on it for a fee. No leaking cans will be accepted. For more information, please call the Roswell Recycling Center at 770-442-8822 during business hours.
- To properly dispose of oil-based or latex paints that do not qualify for recycling, add kitty litter or saw dust to them before placing the cans—lid off—on the garbage contain, not inside. Only empty paint cans or cans with solidified paint can be put on your garbage container for normal curbside garbage collection.
- Empty spray paint cans can also be put in your garbage container for normal curbside garbage collection. Spray paint cans are not accepted at the Roswell Recycling Center. Spray paint cans with contents—paint and/or aerosol—are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection event.
For more information, please contact Nick Pezzello at email@example.com or (770) 594-6512.
MORE FROM City of Roswell, Georgia
Nov 28, 2023
Dec 1, 2023
Dec 2, 2023
Registration Deadline: Nov 29, 2023