Our goal is to promote programs that create a Healthy Community. We define a Healthy Community as one in which all residents have access to a quality education, safe and healthy homes, housing affordability, adequate employment, transportation, physical activity, and nutrition, in addition to quality health care.
The organization has created five key initiatives to support community-centered development:
- Bolster the supply of affordable housing within the community, which will in turn assist residents in retaining their homes
- Help preserve the neighborhood’s historical aspects, including the renovation of historic buildings
- Support essential social services for under-resourced individuals and families, including a community garden
- Support healthier lifestyles via education, healthy eating, financial training, and referrals to available local medical and support resources
- Create an event and cultural center which will become the centerpiece of the community development